Monday, June 21, 2010

On an outbound train surrounded by strangers

I think in my last post I mentioned some random Americans that just showed up at our gaff. They were grand anyway and we ended up in one of their houses across the road on Saint Paul Street.














Me and Mark went to Providence on Saturday. We mainly shopped during the day.


Charley's grilled Philly veggie sub




There was another good show on in Club Hell on Richmond Street and we both had the day off work. The line-up was Bane, Strike Anywhere, Touche Amore, Lowtalker and Weak Teeth.

First up was Weak Teeth, a local Rhode Island band. It was their 7" release show and kind of had a Kidd Blunt kind of feel to them, it was awesome. I got their record release 1/20. Lowtalker surprised me a good bit. Casey from Comeback Kid plays guitar for them and they played stuff nothing I expected it to be like, its just a pity all their merch designs sucked. Touche Amore were up next, I think they're a 5-piece usually but they played as a 4. Everyone was going off and you could hear him screaming without the mic most of the time, Davey Balfe style.

Strike Anywhere were grand, I don't know most of their new songs. I just kept saying to myself they are not playing as well tonight as they were in Dublin that first down they played at Major Toms/Down Under Bar/Ruaille Buaille/The Scene. Bane was just crazy, the place was a packed and everyone was going nuts. Aaron the singer was explaining when he used to come to Club Hell, then under a different name as a kid and you used to have to watch your back from nazi skinheads that floated about Providence. Cruel Hand's drummer was filling in on the tour for them.


Rhode Island by night












Back in Brookline








I'd like to thank Skype loads for all the use I've been giving it over the last couple of weeks. Today I was speaking to my parents, telling them about my exams results and organising to meet them in Chicago in the middle of July for a few days. I was also onto Hannah for a bit which is class as always, and Morana who's all the way at home in Zagreb right now.


I think everyone at 45 Saint Paul Street and 1634 Commonwealth Avenue (read Rob's Late Nights In Smalltowns blog) is going to this show on Friday week:


2 comments:

  1. I'd pheak that bird in the picture with Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanna hang out in chicago til at least the 23rd of august? or head to San Fran for the 13th of august?

    ReplyDelete